Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Occasionally one has an opportunity to seriously recommend contacts have a read on a book that has changed one's life. In 1993 I met Maynard "Garf" Garfield when he was the Chairman of a company in Chicago that was one of the best communication improvement companies in the country... I liked to call Persuasive Communications a Sales Training company, but in reality it was way more than that... and it had a lot to do with any successes I have had in my business life... but more importantly, in my personal life, as well.
Recently Garf published a book on the internet... it is a very interesting read... it can teach and it can remind... for me it did both... one of the value of being a great communicator. I strongly recommend the book and am putting the link here... hope you will try it... I did, and I feel like I am a renewed communicator...
- ► 2014 (13)
- ► 2011 (17)
- Giving and Receiving Gratitude
- Cancer Rates and the Economics of Cancer in Canada...
- Whoooda Thunk It?
- Persuasive Communications
- The Will to Survive
- I noticed that this is the time of year that Wikip...
- Windows Over Ohare Airport
- Working Inside The System... does it have any pote...
- Winnable Public Health Issues
- I am flying back to Niagara after a short trip wi...
- ▼ November (10)
- ► 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (85)
- Grad. Saint Mary's University, 1975, got into the medical device business initially in sales, then various management positions up to president, all in Medical Devices. I prefer therapy products over diagnostic, but they are all fun, and in a way have defined my life. I have now evolved, with help from my 35 year partner Lynnda with whom I now share every hour. I am into staying healthy, photography, kayaking, bicycling, gardening and two books a week. I wish I had gotten to this stage earlier!