More on the Training Rides....

Also, I want today to follow-up on an earlier posting about the area that I am doing my training rides... here near the Niagara River...

As I head south along the road that Winston Churchill once called the most beautiful in the world, I pass over the huge power generating station on the Canadian side of the river... and can look over at the American stations... an amazing thrill to see all of this renewable energy coming from the river... I keep heading south toward Niagara Falls. It is about 25km from the house to where I took these two pics... one below that I noted in my earlier post, with the old Cadex 980C and the one above of the Horseshoe Falls which is often referred to as the Canadian Falls.

It is a stunning sight each time I come to them... the roar is the first thing I notice, especially early in the morning... then the fact that although it is sunning out... I am getting wet! While I am already well into a sweat, it is the cooling mist that is getting me wet... and later in the day if I ride there, it is the rainbows that I notice the most... adding to the beauty.

You have to come and see the falls, whether you have seen them before or not... they have been preserved, and while as you can see in the upper photo, there are serious edifices to our material needs in the area... Parks Canada has done a spectacular job of landscaping the area... and lighting the falls. Yes, there are a few clip joints around... but the Asian and Europeans that come to view them wouldn't have anything to take home to augment the millions of pictures they take without the hats and trinkets...

More on the ride later... I will be doing a 100km ride this weekend in support of the new Cancer Center being built as an integral part of the new St. Catharines hospital. It is called the "big move" ride... I will be with some riding friends for four hours... riding among the country roads that support the vineyards in the area... more beauty... will take some pics...

Comments

Popular Posts